Marwako, a fast food eatery in Accra has been trending on Twitter after several Twitter users complained of getting food poisoning after eating there.
The Twitter tirade started after a user Edward Elohim posted that the fast food service had given him and several other people food poisoning.
Marwako @Marwakofastfood gave me and many others in this hospital the worst food poisoning ever.
— Edward Elohim (@deezydothis) May 11, 2022
His statement has been rehashed by several other users who have also accused the fast food service of putting them in a similar situation since the weekend.
Many have since been hospitalised with many of the alleged victims referencing the eatery’s East Legon branch as the possible source of their discomfort.
I have been absent from work for fhe whole week because i decided to eat at Marwako,hmm
When i recover i am definitely taking them on.
— God Is (@fernandez_kpodo) May 11, 2022
And by the way my lab results came with a negative on malaria. The doctor said there was infection found in my stool and prescribed flucloxacillin 250mg and secnidazole 1000mg. Marwako must be held accountable for all this suffering everyone who went there is experiencing. 5
— Omar Gyabo Abdullah (@omargyabo1) May 12, 2022
This is crazy because I’ve at least 5 children turn up at the ER since Sunday who went out to eat at Marwako over the weekend and they’re all on admission https://t.co/aHmOK9kUsE
— Afua (@Afua_Bour) May 11, 2022
Some users are calling for the Food and Drugs Authority to take action against the company.
Meanwhile, some affected customers have hinted at filing a class action suit against the fast food service.
Marwako fast foods is yet to release a statement to address the concerns.
How Marwako is still in business after how that Lebanese supervisor physically assaulted a Ghanaian female employee is what baffles me.
— piè.siè (@kwabena_piesie) May 11, 2022
If you ate at Marwako this weekend look sharp cos there’s money to be made ei. Too many people
— alleunammE💊🎤🎶 (@Dr_nuellie_) May 11, 2022
But what is wrong with Marwako ? They poisoned all their customers this weekend and they saying nothing about it whiles people suffer in hospitals?? Wtf
— TWO TERTY 🇳🇬🇬🇭 (@Aboa_Banku1) May 11, 2022
Avoid Marwako & save your life. I had food poisoning & it has maltreated me since Sunday morning. It was the coleslaw that did me in. I didn’t buy anything else from there. @fdaghana please act quickly.
— joe▪︎ (@jjooeegg) May 11, 2022
I never understood the love for Marwako food anyway. I hope all those poisoned come together and sue them.
They have some serious management issues, from the staff abuse sometime back & now this.
— Yeshuwa (@bybentil) May 11, 2022
The whole Accra is reeling from food poisoning or something from Marwako and you people are literally quiet about it.
It’s a lot of people now in hospital
— aku.eth (@AkuFromSakumono) May 11, 2022
East Legon branch yeah? I just admitted a man and his son. https://t.co/HjSXKIAbwY
— lys (@Fab_Lys) May 11, 2022